At this time, Congregation B’nai Israel’s Library collection is available to its members by appointment. We currently have a volunteer vacancy for a librarian. Our collection of print materials includes prayer books, Tanach, Torah, and Talmud for reference reading and study. You may wish to complement your existing knowledge with materials and insights from around the world.
There are numerous valuable educational sites to help you further your study and learn independently. As we discover more, they will be added here.
- Hebrew-English Tanakh (Full Bible) JPS 1917 Edition
- Hebrew-English Tanakh with Rashi’s Commentary, Judaica Press Edition ()
- Torah & Bar/Bat Mitzvah study resources
- Learn the finer point of torah/Haftorah reading cantilations
- Jewish Virtual Library – Anything you need to know, from Anti-semitism to Zionism
- Hebrew Books, many with free downloads
- The Open Siddur Project - an open-source community project for folk sharing prayers and crafting their own prayerbooks
- Sefaria – A Living Library of Jewish Texts
- Hadar Institute - a non-profit empowering Jews to create and sustain vibrant, practicing, egalitarian communities of Torah, Avodah, and Hesed.
- Jewish Music – videos and audio recordings of Jewish music
- Yiddish Radio Project – musical exploration of remaining recordings from the Golden Age of Yiddish Radio
- Jewish Rock Radio – turn your speakers on and live stream contemporary Jewish Music, including what’s popular in Israel! JRR is the flagship initiative of Judaism Alive, a non-profit that seeks to strengthen Jewish identity and engagement for youth and young adults through the power of music.
- PJ Library Radio – fun, kid-centric, Jewish music to your family’s mobile and streaming devices.
The CBI kitchen, managed by the CBI Sisterhood, is the only kosher commercial kitchen in the state of New Mexico. Staffed by employees of Sharon Levin, owner of Gourmet-to-Go, the well-equipped meat and dairy kitchens serve the needs of our synagogue. Kiddush lunches are served after Saturday services, congregation special holidays are celebrated with wonderful meals, and special events are catered for congregants. CBI organizations also prepare food in the kitchens after scheduling with Sharon or the kitchen liaison with the Sisterhood Board.
For more information on the usage of the kitchen or menus, please click on the link below.
Rental Facilities are Available at CBI for Private Events. Please call the office to inquire about renting any of our facilities. All rentersmust submit a damage/cleanup deposit of $200 going towards rental fees.
We have a large social hall which can be divided up into two rooms (two social halls). The large side can hold up to 216 people and the smaller side holds up to 195 people.
Social Hall Rental Fees:
- Large Social Hall - $650
- Small Social Hall - $350
- For Both - $1,000
Fees do not include catering and use of the kitchen. You may call Sharon Levin, Manager of Gourmet-to-Go (catering business) for kosher catering at 505-804-8000. Non-kosher food is not allowed in the synagogue. Any food coming in from outside must be approved by our Rabbi.
If you would like to have a basic kiddush luncheon for Bar/Bat mitzvahs, you may sponsor a kiddush luncheon for $400. Dues, school, and all other accounts must be current before we can firmly schedule a Bar/Bat Mitzvah luncheon. Anyone else sponsoring a basic kiddush luncheon will be charged $350. Extra fees may apply.
$700.00/day regardless of the duration of occupancy.
Parking Lot Rental
Please call the Administrator at CBI if you are interested in renting the social hall or parking lot at 505-266-0155 or email: email@example.com.